I've been doing "autologues" for two weeks

 I'm trying to focus on resources oriented to oral skills. I'm experiencing with "autologues" and I want to introduce "shadowing" in the near future.

The Polyglot Kató Lomb explained that doing "autologues" is very useful. "Autologue" means a conversation with oneself. She uses the term "autologue" because neither "monologue" nor "dialogue" covers the concept.

I've been practising that for some days, at the beginning of the day, I explain to myself my plans for the day or maybe things about the previous day, then I ask myself a couple of questions about it. First of all I do it in my native tongue (Catalan), then I repeat the exercise in German and finally in French.

I'm feeling some progress and I'm trying to perform this as a routine (routines are powerful in language learning). I also have to find the way to block some time to start "shadowing" in order to improve my pronunciation (mainly in German). 

My goal is to "upgrade" my oral German and French before summer and then set other goals.


Conversation with  the polyglot Kató Lomb (1974). Source: Youtube



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EUROCOMROM- The Seven Sieves: How to Read All the Romance Languages Right Away

"Polyglot - How I Learn Languages" by Kató Lomb