Expression "Spring Forward - Fall Back"

Today I've learned an expression I didn't know: "Spring Forward - Fall Back".

Most countries change their official time after summer and after winter. Depending on the season, the change implies moving clocks one hour forward or one hour backward.


I'm one of these people who year after year can't recall if you have to change your clocks one hour forward... or backward?... but there is a phrase most often heard in the US and Canada that can be of help in this situations...


The saying "Spring forward - Fall Back" is meant to trigger your memory in order to set your clocks correctly, one hour forward in the spring (spring forward) and one hour back in the fall (fall back).



Facebook fb.me/My6Tongues
Instagram @My6Tongues
Tweeter @MTongues


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EUROCOMROM- The Seven Sieves: How to Read All the Romance Languages Right Away

"Polyglot - How I Learn Languages" by Kató Lomb

Trying to strengthen my speaking skills...